Hawkes Bay NZ Water trail

Sunday, December 25, 2016

Khabzay at a Sikkim/Nepali restaurant in Pamposh Enclave, Greater Kailash, Delhi

A welcome appetizer of deep fried pastry cut into an appealing shade. I haven't eaten anything today except a tiny cup of weak chai on the train from Jaipur this morning at about 7am. So, on this chilly grey unChristmas like day, I've made it from the Sarai Rohilla train station, tuk tuk led for 40 rupees to the nearest metro stop Shastria Nagar. I've hauled my heavy bag up and down several flights of train and metro stairs, occasionally found an escalator or lift going in my direction, hired a rickshaw wallah to take me to my South Delhi guesthouse, Bed and Chai, for 30 rupees. I've checked into my final home for the next 2 days, caught up with Madhu, the Nepali guy who works at the guesthouse, and gone out for my Christmas dinner at a recommended really Northern Indian type place.

No comments:

Post a Comment